Wise Artillery Battery (also known as Capt. James S. Brown’s Co. Va. Light Artillery), organized for one year on April 19, 1861. Assigned to the 1st (Pendleton’s) Artillery Regiment, which failed to complete its organization. Reorganized on April 26, 1862. Disbanded with most of the men assigned to the Bath Artillery, on October 4, 1862, per S.O.#209, Headquarters, Army of Northern Virginia. Commanders were Capt. Ephraim G. Alburtis and Capt. James S. Brown.
[Source: Compendium of the Confederate Armies: Virginia, by Stewart Sifakis]
West Virginia counties contributing soldiers: Berkeley